The One Day Hypnobirthing Course
Mindful Mamma is the original one-day Mindful Hypnobirthing™ class in the UK and has been running since 2008. It accompanies the best selling book ‘Mindful Hypnobirthing‘.
This is no ordinary hypnobirthing class, it’s about your and your partner's mindset. The day focuses on how your thoughts, and your partner's thoughts and actions, can affect your body during pregnancy and labour.
You will learn practical hypnobirthing and mindfulness techniques as well as enhanced understanding of the psychology of birth which will help you and your partner to feel really prepared for your baby’s birth.
Do you want to be in control, have the techniques to help you? Do you need your partner to understand their role during the birth and how they can support you using hypnosis and mindfulness? If so then this is the hypnobirthing class for you.
This day will offer you a personal and individualised approach, even within a group setting.
You will learn:
• Hypnosis and mindfulness techniques
• How your partner can support you using hypnosis and mindfulness (Read More )
• To feel confident and look forward to your baby’s birth
• How to ask the right questions and be in control of your choices and why that’s important
• Accelerated conditioning techniques so your body reacts and relaxes quickly to labour (accompanied by mp3 tracks)
• How to do a fear release technique when things get tough
• Which techniques work best for you and why during each contraction
• Why transition throws so many women off track and how you and your partner can handle it
• The opportunity to reflect, discuss and ask questions with a trained practitioner
• Ongoing support from a fully trained practitioner
• Exclusive access to the Mindful Mamma online class resource area
• A discount code for purchase for any of the Mindful Mamma additional mp3 tracks to support you postnatally
• A monthly newsletter with news, video, offers and events
So what are the benefits of the Mindful Mamma mindful hypnobirthing class?
• Calmer baby after birth (mums and midwives always comment on this) (Read More)
• Feeling calm, confident and positive about your birth
• You are able to address and release any fear you may have of birthing and parenting
• Your birthing partner will understand just how important their role is and rather than feeling helpless know what they can do to help
• How to stay in your birthing zone and in control of your own responses
• You’ll be able to make your environment instinctively comfortable, wherever you birth, using hypnosis, and NLP techniques.
• How to build a trusting relationship with your midwife
With this relaxed and informal one day course, you will learn simple but very effective techniques that will help to keep you in your relaxed and calm birthing zone.
Why does my mindset affect my body during labour?
Understanding how your mindset can affect your body
during labour is very important. Often the psychological
preparation for birth is neglected in our society, even
though it is still a very much acknowledged in many other
parts of the world. Our local birth units are beginning to
change, based on the knowledge that a woman needs to
feel safe, private and unobserved during labour.
Did you know that if you are scared of birthing, or if your
partner is scared of birth, this will impact on your birth?
If you are calm and you and your partner feel confident
and know what to do, you maximise your chances of a
positive birth. Feeling reassured and calm are essential
for a good birth, we specialise and prioritise this with
mindful hypnobirthing and teach you why this is so important.
How does hypnosis/hypnobirthing help me for birth? (read more)
Hypnobirthing is different to just birth relaxation classes. Forget the myths about hypnosis, it is uniquely powerful and incredible. Women that have used hypnobirthing say that they experience a subtle shift in how well they feel and how prepared they are, often reporting that they were just very calm and well during labour.
Hypnosis is a very natural state of mind, we are in hypnosis every day without even realising it. The class teaches you how and why using hypnosis can help you prepare for birth. There’s no hocus pocus or Derren Brown antics, just lots of relaxation and common sense.
The one day hypnobirthing course explains the theory of the mind and body connection in simple terms using case studies and examples, then you learn techniques, including relaxation, creative visualisation and self-hypnosis.
Read Elizabeth’s story to get an idea of how hypnobirthing can help.
What about the birthing partner?
The benefits for your birth partner are huge and also affect how you feel. There is a lot of focus on what to do on the day, the role of the birthing partner, and how both of you can prepare and work together to feel confident and in control.
Birth partners say they love this course as it tells them “what happens, why it happens, and what do do about it”.
What do I get when I sign up for your mindful hypnobirthing class?
When you attend a class you will receive
• The Mindful Hypnobirthing MP3s so you can start practising before the class
• An exclusive class only online resource area, with mp3 tracks to help reinforce the techniques
• 50% discount code for all the albums and mp3s
• Ongoing support from a trained practitioner
• Ongoing support in a Facebook Group, and support emails and messages sent after the class
• Confidence and a new found belief that you can do it!
This class goes very well alongside NCT classes – if you have enjoyed the elements about oxytocin and adrenaline and birth hormones but feel you would like to know more about this – you can learn much more about what to do about it in this one day class, with practical techniques to increase the flow of oxytocin and reduce adrenaline.
Additional hypnobirthing mp3s can be downloaded here